Friday, March 11, 2011

New baby..

So I am definitely pregnant.  All I want to be is happy, but this pregnancy is not without its ups and downs (mostly downs.)  To make a long story short, I've already had 2 miscarriages in the last year, so finding out I am pregnant again brings feelings of disappointment and dread long before happiness.  Dont get me wrong the happiness is there somewhere wanting to come out, but most of your other feelings squash it in preparing for the worst. 
To start with they thought the baby was in one of my tubes due to the swelling in my uterus, the excruciating stabbing pains in my lower stomach, and the severe tenderness on the right side of my stomach.  First ultrasound at 5w3d, shows nothing (so they tell me), but confirms the mass amount of swelling in my uterus.  Second ultrasound at 6w5d, shows that the baby is in my uterus where it belongs! Thank Goodness!!  I had a follow-up appointment at 9weeks, where they informed me that everything did in fact look good.  That the swelling seems to have gone down a bit; the baby, yes, is safely planted in my uterus; oh, and even that huge 9 cm cyst the size of a large grapefruit is now gone in the second ultrasound!?!?!  The one that apparently no one bothered to tell me about in the last month?!  That's great, well at least it's gone. That was probably the cause of all the swelling, discomfort, and pain that I have been worried about for the last month.
Then the doctor calls me the next morning to tell me they were actually wrong, the cyst was still there in the second ultrasound, the tech forgot to report it because she didn't know that's what they were looking for; BUT... it has shrunk to 7 cm, the size of a smaller GRAPEFRUIT!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment