There is a lot to do these days and never enough time to do anything. Unfortunately that means blogging is always pushed to the back burner. This upsets me, as I truely blog for myself, my memories, and details or moments I am sure to forget within the years to come. So let's play a little catch up...
First order of business: The Ultrasound!!!
Sooo amazing everytime! No matter how many times you see your baby, whether they are a little fuzzy dot or a minature baby in the midst of forming, it is an incredible experience. I impatiently got an ultrasound 3 weeks early from one of those non-doctor related places as my birthday/ Mother's Day gift from my husband. The place was spectacular inside. Each room had an almost 12 foot projector screen on the wall so that the whole room can see every detail of the womb. The rooms also had a bathroom, a kitchnette, and two full sized sofas that you could bring up to 8 people with you. (Very comfy cozy atmosphere!) Of course, I only brought Bryan, Addison and myself. The tech was extremely comfortable with the process, I am almost sure she spent a lot of time in doctor's offices before she opened her own business.
It was one of those moments though, that you just couldn't take your eyes from the large screen on that wall as she showed you the heartbeat and chased after the baby moving around to try and keep a good view. She followed his profile, to his spine, his butt was up and over his head (where we could see that he was infact our baby boy!!!), and then his legs bend down til his knee almost touched his nose, and his foot almost made a complete circle back to the top of his head. (Just spinning in circles in my belly!!) The last thing we saw when he was bringing his knee down to his nose was a really big yawn as he tilted his head back. The cutest thing I have ever seen!
Immediately we headed to Babies R Us. haha. I bought one little pajama outfit with a bib that says "Handsome just like Daddy". And then just spent an hour walking around, relishing in the moment, and chit-chatting about baby boy stuff. It was definitely a wonderful family afternoon.
Oh and I did tell everyone it was a boy! Once I knew for sure, I just couldn't keep all that excitement to myself!! (Also I knew that no one was going to be disappointed with a boy result, which was my worry with a maybe girl result.)
One the way home as Bryan and I were talking, he mentioned that he was happy with a girl and boy now (a little happy, like he won a million dollar lottery!) That, he would be content with a happy little family of 4, unless we decided later on down the road to have another, but that if we didnt that was ok too. I think I know what he was trying to say, but all I heard was "Yay we are so lucky! We will have a boy and a girl, and then maybe if we decide to, having another one isnt out of the question."
I am ECSTATIC with my life right now! I have waited along time for this, and it was perfect timing (even though I had been wishing for it awhile back.)
No comments:
Post a Comment