HAHAHA! (this is my favorite Sara story, OK, one of my favorite that doesn't involve us being
Weird. So friends lean on each other throughout pregnancy, have babies two weeks apart. Babies are the strongest bonding tool in the world! Forcing mamas to always bitch about the headaches, lack of sleep, and chit chatting about the "Look what my baby started doing!" and "Is my baby behind, can yours do that?" Sharing, Crying, and Laughter. More babies. She is my very best friend, publicly crude and all. (I am just used to the public crazy at this point.) And now she is getting married!!!! And I have the privilege of standing right beside her as her Maid-of-honor! (Then, before our kids are teenagers, we will have to lose touch again, cause if I know us, our kids are NOT allowed to be bad together!
In light of all the excitement, the flowers, the dresses. Yes, I am swooning in my imaginary and very fancy dress already. I realized something. I don't want a wedding.
We have discussed all the usual wedding plans, jump in excitement over ideas, imagined little flower girls, and a tiny baby boy in a big boy tux holding a ring bearer pillow (Oh, my little baby boy will be the CUTEST ring bearer!) And then she has bitched and bitched about her family and her sisters selfishly setting aside their bridesmaid duties, saying they have other weddings and not enough money for all this. REALLY!? This is YOUR sister's wedding, not your friends! Well I will jump up and down, and advocate the eff out of her day for her, and all of us. I am that excited for her! Somewhere in their I think she decided (and good for her!) that all the stress wasn't worth it, if not everyone was going to stand up and support her. She causally mentioned maybe running away and getting married. And I said, "O.M.G! Let's go girl!!! I will follow you anywhere and I am the only one that matters!!!"
That's what I want to do. I don't what to pay for everyone else to eat and dance. I don't want to be in debt up to my eye balls trying to impress everyone else on my day. Plus I already have kids, I cant be spending all my money on myself. If I do have some money I want a sweet honeymoon for my selfish self. Seeing all this stress unfold over something that should be nothing but joyous and ecstatically unreal happy for my very best friend in the whole wide world, made me realize that... A) I am an awesome friend. I would follow this bitch anywhere she wanted to get married, because she thinks I am that cool to be in her wedding party and that is something a person should be flattered by. (And I ain't even her sister. I roll my eyes in their general direction.) B) This is your special, meaningful day. I am not paying to feed and impress the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment