Friday, January 13, 2012

Phone Dump Friday:
We had supervised painting this week.  I stress supervised, as Addison keeps finding the paints herself, and just drawing gorgeous Picasso splatters all over her carpets, clothes, bedding.  It is hard to be too mad about it though, because if you examine the crime scene, you can clearing tell that she tried really hard to keep in on her drawing table like a good little girl. Oh, she tried, sigh...

Baby Ryne was very fussy during painting time.  He is getting stronger by the second though; making lots of effort to reach for things in an uncoordinated fumbling motion.  When he finally does get a hold of what he wants, like the paints, he was swinging them around like a paint ninja!  Just for a minute.



And my FAVORITE part about this week.  I really wanted leg warmers for the babies hospital stay, I just couldn't justify paying $8 a piece for them.  In my little search for who sells the cutest baby boy leg warmers, I instead found way more tutorials on how to make baby leg warmers. Then I followed that lead to Ebay, where I discovered all the incredibly cute leg warmer patterns everyone is selling on Etsy...for $2 a pair of socks!!  So now I'm going to have WAY too many leg warmers when I get done cutting all the feet of these socks.

I almost forgot my least favorite part about this week.  Bryan, the baby, and I go out to lunch on Monday morning, while Addison is in daycare.  And the Chinese lady that is waiting on us clearly stares at the baby's cleft and says, "Is he ok?"  Really?  I have no idea what she meant.  I do not care to try and decipher it.  I just knew from the beginning that people would stare and say things, thats what I was scared about in the first place.  I have moved on though, and I guess it shocked me a little that I never considered that the world around me does not live with this everyday.  Some of them honestly don't even know what a cleft is, let alone are so accustomed to it, that they look past it like we do.  I do find it funny though, how when people do stare, it honestly takes me a second to figure out what on earth they are staring at. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment